Vertices High School Communication Challenge
- Are you passionate about scientific research? Want the opportunity to communicate your interest to the wider community? Got a flair for science writing? Then this is the challenge for you! Duke Vertices’ inaugural Science Communication Challenge invites high school students to communicate a recent scientific research discovery in an engaging article of 650 words or less. Selected by Vertices Staff Writers, the challenge winners will have the opportunity to publish their articles in our online magazine this spring.
- All high school students who have subscribed to Vertices’ newsletter are eligible to participate.
- Submission Deadline
- All entries must be submitted by March 24, 2023 at 11:59pm.
- What did the researcher(s) discover and how? What are the broader implications of this research? Keep in mind that your language should be accessible (imagine that your audience is a 5th-grade student). Your topic can focus on any field of science, technology, engineering, math, or health.
- Please cite your sources at the bottom of your submission document. You may format your source list however you want and should include a link to the published research paper that you are highlighting. If needed, you may also include relevant images and/or figures in your document.